Welcome to Project Craz-E -horse
Craz-E -horse will be the world's fastest street legal electric powered vehicle.
Based around a 5th generation Mustang GT, the extensively modified but street legal vehicle will have the look and stance of a 'Hot Wheels' model car, but at the same time will be extremely minimal in every sense.
Craz-E -horse has been designed for use on both the road and drag strip, and consequently will have two very different operation modes – (1) Nana Mode for street driving with a range of up to 100k’s, and (2) Animal Mode for drag racing duties.
Craz-E -horse will be revealed at CRC Speedshow July 2017, and in the months following will go on to set a world record at Meremere Dragway as the fastest street legal electric vehicle over a ¼ mile. All record attempts will be run under the watchful eye of NEDRA (NEDRA is the National Electric Drag Racing Association based in the USA).
Project Craz-E -horse key points
- We decided this Project should be named Craz-E -horse (the ‘E’ stands for Electric and the horse part stems from the fact that we are using a Mustang)
- Craz-E -horse will be heavily modified and professionally built as a street legal 'Hot Wheels' styled drag car that can be used on both the road and drag strip
- Craz-E -horse will have two driving modes (Nana mode for docile street driving with somewhere around a 100 kilometre range, plus animal mode for full on drag racing duties!)
- The build will be extremely minimal in every sense and resemble more of a race car inside and out rather than a road car
- We will be using very new brushless 8 phase DC electric technology producing 2000HP from a single motor with direct drive to the rear wheels
- We have assembled a team of specialist people who will be helping with the project
- Nick Mitchell and his team from MRX (Mitchell Race Xtreme) are our project managers and car fabricators
- John Metric, President of NEDRA and owner of LoneStar Performance EV (Texas USA) is our technical adviser for the project
- The team from Charge.Net here in NZ will also be providing EV expertise and help throughout the project
- After we have revealed Craz-E -horse at CRC Speedshow 2017 the car will be completed, prepped and tested, all ready for us to set a ¼ mile world record for the fastest street legal electric car.
- Project Craz-E -horse will be professionally managed by the team at CRC Speedshow. As part of the project we aim to promote, demonstrate, maximize and highlight the ‘Coolness Factor’ of Electric Vehicle technology here in NZ and around the world. Unfortunately, the ‘Coolness Factor’ surrounding electric cars is currently pretty much non-existent here in NZ at present, but we are aiming to change that!